Ruby Caroline has been with me for about a month now. And she is a very good girl. Basically potty trained and learning that mom is in charge and when I say NO, I mean it. :) She is learning how to be a classy lady (well as classy as a dog who pees outside can be).
Being out and about in Chicago allows me to observe a lot of behavior. And boy let me tell you, people suck, there are a lot of jerky people out there. And it got me to thinking about being classy and having character. And I have to say, observing how people treat others is a true show of character in my book. The following behaviors I have observed in the last several years and I contend that these people don't have a lot of character:
- People that sit on the bus or train and purposely take up two seats or put their bag on the seat next to them and let other people stand. OR let elderly people or pregnant women stand because they are too focused on Candy Crush.
- People who literally let the door slam in another person's face when entering a Starbucks.
- People who ignore a mother or father trying to get their stroller in and out of a door or up and down stairs.
- Those same mothers or fathers who ram their stroller into people's feet because they are too busy on the phone instead of paying attention to their kid.
- People who cut in line, cut people off and just generally act like their time is more important than others.