My biggest news is about the newest addition to my family....NO, I didn't have a baby...thank goodness. But I did get a puppy! Miss Ruby Caroline, she is a Corgi and probably the cutest puppy you have ever seen...Yes I am biased. It has been quite a journey the past week. I drove to Catawissa, Pennsylvania to pick her up and drove through the snow storm in Indiana to bring her back. I didn't see pavement for 200 miles....the roads were really, really bad. But look at her, pretty worth it.
- NUMBER ONE...first and foremost. I know she is my furry kid and I love her. But she is still a dog. Always remember that.
- Not everyone will LOVE your dog, so don't expect them to.
- Clean up after her...yep that means, poop, puke, whatever.
- Make sure they behave, don't let your pooch chew on someone else's shoes, pants, etc.
- Don't obsess over your dog. Post pics, have fun, but go easy. See rule number one.
- BE a PARENT. Discipline your animal. Come home and let her out. Be committed. Don't let her overeat. Take her to the vet regularly.