Ok, this blog post is a request. Yes, I actually get requests for blog posts now, I feel so loved! Most of the time, I write to the ladies, but gentlemen, this one is for you. I was somewhat reminded last night about this subject when I saw back to back ads during the SuperBowl with men in only their underwear. Really? Is this something that we needed to see during the SuperBowl...and guess what, it wasn't Taye Diggs looking guys in their underwear either! And so I am reminded that if men had their way, they would just run around in their sweats or underwear every day, all day long.
So, guys, just so you know, here is what a woman goes through when she is getting ready for a date:
1. Go through entire closet, pick out at least 4-7 outfits.
2. Try all outfits on and figure out which one looks best.
3. Try on outfits with shoes.
4. Make sure bra and panties look OK with selected outfit.
5. Select the appropriate jewelry and handbag to go with selected outfit.
6. Shower...complete with hair wash, condition and shaving of legs.
7. Apply product to hair and decide how to wear hair.
8. Blow dry hair.
9. Flat iron hair.
10. Apply makeup.
11. Apply body lotion, deodorant and perfume.
12. Get dressed and check mirror.
13. Check bathroom mirror to ensure makeup looks good.
14. Re-check hair, maybe more hairspray or product.
15. Re-check outfit in full length mirror. Potentially make a shoe, handbag or jewelry change.
16. Re-check mirror one more time before out the door.
For some women, it may be a few less steps, for most, it is probably more. SO, gentlemen, here's are the steps that I think you take:
1. Watch ESPN for 30 minutes.
2. OOPS, only 10 minutes before I have to leave, better shower, eh I can watch the basketball bloopers and shower then.
3. OOPS, only 7 minutes before I have to leave...Shower and shave.
4. Pick up a pair of jeans off the floor and a shirt, hope they are 1/2 way clean.
5. Throw some product in the hair.
6. Apply deodorant and MAYBE cologne.
7. Get keys and cell phone, out the door.
SO hopefully, gentlemen, you are getting the picture. Now, I am not asking you to be the next top male fashion model. I know that makes you too METRO if you actually match your shoes to your belt. But when getting ready to take a lady out, consider that she is taking 60-90 minutes to get ready for your date AND a little extra effort on your part might go a LONG way. Gentlemen seriously, try to pick something to wear that isn't dirty or wrinkled, take the time to make sure that clothes match and are ironed. Make sure to shave and take a little time with the hair. And please don't wear gym shoes, save those for...THE GYM. If you need to know what pairs of shoes to have, please re-read my previous blog post about men's shoes.
Ladies, I hope that helps some of your guys out there!
Cheers and CIAO BELLAS!
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. That's my girl Coco Chanel. Well, being the single gal in Chicago, selling and marketing luxury travel and being a Sorority Director for Gamma Phi Beta, I have a lot to say. So this blog is my random thoughts on everything on love, life, fashion, movies, fitness and beyond and advice on how to be a lady and have some class!
- 39 (AND HOLDING) year old single gal in downtown Chicago who loves Jazzercise, Gamma Phi Beta, friends, family, fashion, fine wine and movies. I will admit I am a SNOB about the following things: wine, coffee, handbags, shoes, cars and men.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment